First of all we have to understand that conditionals sentences contain the conjuction "if". Native speakers often mix them:
- Mixed first conditional sentence:
If you give me some money, I can buy some milk
If I finish my homework, may I go out with my friends?
You can also use going to, as well as will
If you are going to the shop, can you buy me some cola?
Present perfect may also appear in the IF clause
If you have finished your work, you can go home
- Mixed third/second conditional
If + past perfect, would + verb (infinitive)
If he had taken the medicine, he wouldn't still be sick
- Mixed second/third conditional
If + past simple, would have + verb (infinitive)
If you were better at speaking in public, the presentation would have been more successful
REFERENCES
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.